Hi all! Coach Mindy here!
If you’re like me, you look for any reason to celebrate… without further adieu… Happy National Tortilla Chip Day!
Who doesn’t love a basket of chips with salsa? I know I sure do. Chips are my snack of choice. Here is my go to healthy chip recipe with some awesome dips that won’t break your BITE bank.
- Cut your favorite brand of corn tortillas into 6 pieces.
- Brush or spray olive oil. You can use a different oil like avocado oil, coconut oil, or peanut oil. I prefer coconut or olive oil
- Sprinkle them with a very coarse salt.
- Bake @ 375 for 10-15 minutes.
Tip: use a spray oil or oil mister so you can control the amount of oil on chips. Dark sheet pans make a crispier chip and cook faster so keep an eye out if you use a dark pan.
Now for the crowned glory of the Tortilla Chip… THE DIPS!!
Mindy’s Mango Salsa
- 3 ripe Mangos, diced
- 1 medium Red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Red onion
- 1 Jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 1/4 cup of Cilantro
- 1/4 cup of Lime juice or 1 large lime
- Salt to taste
- Combine the diced mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Drizzle with the lime juice.
- Combine ingredients and season to taste with salt, and stir again. For best flavor, let the salsa rest in the fridge for 10 minutes or longer.
Crazy Cucumber Dip
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- ½ handful dried cranberries
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For garnish
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- Grate the cucumber. Press the grated cucumber in a towel to to get rid of the excess liquid, or just with your hands.
- Combine all the ingredients together. Add some garnish and serve!
I hope these recipes find their way to your table sometime soon! Don’t wait for the next tortilla day to try these yummy hacks!
Stay Healthi, friends!