Who does this plan work best for?
Are you ready to bring your life, and eating, into balance? This plan focuses on helping you learn to control your eating through awareness and not as much weighing and measuring. This is a great choice for someone wanting to prioritize healthy eating and focus on fresh, whole food options. Create your meals from a list of over 200+ healthy food items without needing to weigh, measure or track. It is important to note, that whether a food is marked as  BITES or not - they are not zero calories. This program helps you to eat more mindfully, to learn to recognize when you’re full, to better understand the portion sizes you should be having and to break the patterns of mindless eating. The key here is to eat only until you are satisfied (not stuffed) and make healthier choices.
Followed as intended, this plan can be significantly helpful for:
● Breaking the cycle of mindless binge eating
● Controlling sugar cravings
● Managing Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Thyroid Issues, PCOS etc
How does this plan work?
Each day you have a range of BITES to use. You have DAILY BITES calculated from your individual profile taking into account your age, gender, height, weight and activity levels. You also have access to a bank of WEEKLY BITES and can earn extra ACTIVITY BITES should you need them. This is in addition to the items on the  Bite Food List that you do not need to track but certainly can if you want to follow Calories or your
Macros (Protein/Fat/Carbs). Tracking Secondary Metrics is one of the great PRO features available to members.
To help you make better meal choices - lean protein and healthy produce choices have lower BITES scores and sugary or fast foods have higher ones. Think of it as a “throttle”. You can still have those items, but they will just cost you more, giving you a chance to stop and consider if it is something you really want.
This plan's calculations focus on:
Calories + Sat Fat + Sugar + Protein
With BETTER BALANCE, you have a moderate number of DAILY & WEEKLY BITES in comparison to other Healthi weight loss programs. The minimum range is 23 DAILY + 14 WEEKLY. Both daily and weekly BITES decrease as you lose weight. ACTIVITY BITES are encouraged to be earned for fun, but not used on a regular basis in addition to WEEKLY BITES.
Carry over bites
This is the ability to save up to 4 of your unused daily BITES and have them carry over into your weekly BITES for use later. These reset at the beginning of each new week.
HOW DO I GET THE BEST RESULTS ON THIS PLAN?
●  BITE FOOD CHOICES - While 0 in BITES, they are not 0 in calories. Serving sizes are not limited with these foods but you do need to learn what a reasonable portion is. Most of us can have trouble with “portion distortion”. Make healthy and fresh whole food options the basis for your meals, aiming to balance your plate with 1⁄2 meal being various non starchy, high fiber vegetables, 1⁄4 meal being whole grains, starchy vegetables or other complex carbohydrates and 1⁄4 meal being a lean protein.
● LISTEN TO YOUR BODY - EAT ONLY UNTIL SATISFIED - In order to be the most successful on this plan, you need to slow down, tune in to your hunger signals and learn to recognize the difference between mouth hunger (Boy, that would taste good) vs actual physical hunger.
This plan is based on you learning to eat with more awareness to both your portion sizes and the actual quality of your food choices. Choose less processed sugary items and opt for more fresh whole food options.
● EAT RESPONSIBLY - You cannot eat 3 full meals of  BITE foods, then use all your daily BITES for other items and have great results. If you are eating close to your daily recommended calories in just  BITE food meals, eating (or drinking) all your daily BITES as well could potentially double your calorie consumption. This can lead to the scale moving in the wrong direction. Using calories as a Secondary Metric is a great way to keep an eye on this.
Zero Bites Food
All foods, as shown on the list, are  BITES. While all foods still contain calories, these healthy choices do not need to be counted as long as they do not contain any ADDED SUGAR or OILS on the label. Use these as the base for your meals and then utilize your daily BITES to round your meals out.
List of Zero BITES Food
• All foods on this list are TRUE  in any amount - fresh, frozen or canned (drained) without any ADDED sugars or oils.
• All dried fruits, plus several items such as nuts, seeds, avocado, medjool dates and coconut are always counted.
• On this plan - fruits and vegetables blended into smoothies and juices are counted. Use your pointed listings to track these.
• Naturally occurring sugars as indicated on the nutritional label are fine - only ADDED sugars in the ingredient list change things.
• To find these items listed correctly, just search the item exactly as shown on this list in the ZERO BITES GUIDE at the top of your food search bar (second tab from the left)
• Do not scan zero bite foods - this will use the full nutritional data and will show as BITES.
• Do not search by brand (Halo), specific type (Gala Apple) or preparation (Scrambled Egg) - this also uses full nutritional data.
Applesauce (Unsweetened only)
Cranberries (fresh only)
Figs (fresh only)
Pomelo / Pummelo
Artichoke Hearts (No Oil)
Beans (All Varieties)
Beans, Refried (Fat Free - No Oil)
Beets / Beet Greens
Broccoli / Broccolini
Capers / Caperberries
Corn (Plain - not Creamed)
Edamame (In Pods or Shelled)
Endive / Escarole
Hearts of Palm
Nopales / Cactus
Onions (All Varieties)
Peas (All Varieties)
Peppers (All Varieties)
Pickles (Dill Only)
Pico De Gallo
Pumpkin / Pumpkin Puree
Salsa (Fat Free)
Scallions / Spring Onions
Seaweed / Nori Sheets (No Oil)
Snow Peas (in Pods)
Sprouts (All Varieties)
Squash (All Varieties)
Sugar Snap Peas (in Pods)
Tomato Sauce / Tomato Puree
(excludes Tomato Paste)
Turnips / Turnip Greens
Chicken / Turkey Breast(boneless, skinless and/or 98-99% fat free ground
Fish (all varieties)
(incl cans / pouches / tuna packs, plain & flavored, in water only (no added sugars)
Shellfish (all varieties)
(excludes imitation crabmeat)
Tofu/Tempeh (Sietan is not 0)
Yogurt - Greek/Soy/Natural (plain,
0% fat free, unsweetened only)
REMEMBER - the “Blended Fruit” rule applies to this plan. Fruit and veggies made into smoothies / juices should be counted.